Herping

Herping

Sunday, June 5, 2011

New Addition: Pill Bug!

I decided to start another colony since my other one wasn't turning out the best, and what's better than a pill bug colony? One unusual thing though, the roly polys that are usually everywhere aren't there anymore! Seriously, I was only able to find one! I searched the whole apartment complex: under bricks, broken branches, everything, and was only able to find one lonely pill bug! I replicated a habitat and put him/her in the plastic shoebox where I'm keeping them (well for now it's not technically "them", but I promise you, there will be more!) I am now hoping to go out somewhere in search for more. I remember in elementary school, we would find tons by the corners of the playground. Or maybe if we go on a hike or walk I can find some under logs or things... I will have a pill bug colony! I am dedicated to finding a family for my little crustacean! (Yes, they breathe through gills... Weird, right???)